Sure Google Glass seems like an awesome idea, but if it’s so great, why hasn’t it been rolled out for public consumption like another iPhone? Give up the flying car idea. Let’s face it, most of us shouldn’t be allowed to drive on the ground. Here are some other things I think someone should invent:
10. Remote house unlock: I can’t tell you how many times I get out of my car and point the car unlock remote at myhouse door expecting it to unlock it like it does my car.
9. Invisible Fencing, but for kids: The people that don’t like this idea are probably also opposed to putting kids on a leash. Without a leash my parents would have lost me. I’d get curious at a store and wander off. Without a leash I’d probably have been kidnapped. If spanking is legal so should a little electricity be. If dogs can learn it, kids will learn it twice as fast.
8. A drug to increase metabolism so nobody gets fat. Any objections?
7. A pet language translator: I think this is the big one on the list. Maybe we wear something in our ear that translates what animals are saying or they wear a voicebox on their collar that translates their noises. Chances are we’d realize that our pets are idiots, but it would still be very popular.
6. The self-driving car: I know Google is working on it. This one’s the dream isn’t it? It is for me. Just like going somewhere in a plane. I just want to put my destination in the GPS and take a nap. Somehow NASA manages to send unmanned satellites all over the galaxy but we can’t get cars that work the same way. I say we pull NASA’s funding and put it towards the self-driving car. I want to get to Pittsburgh easy, not Uranus.
5. The Home Dome: I live where it’s cold and it snows. I want a dome over my property so I never have to shovel or scrape ice off my car.
4. A mind reading device: If we could all read each others thoughts we’d all be a whole lot nicer to each other wouldn’t we?
3. Airborne charging: The same way our cell phones and satellite dishes get a signal through the air, why can’t we get an electric charge from the air? Maybe solar charging for electric devices? Sure we’ll all get brain tumors from all the signals and electricity, but what the hell?
2. A cure for cancer: I am really angry about cancer. Also, as I said in number 3, with all the satellite and wi-fi signals flying through the air, and our heads, I’m pretty sure we’re all developing brain tumors and we’re going to need a cure big time in a few years.
1. Your idea: I’m not a genius and I definitely never have all the answers. I’m sure that some time you’ve thought to yourself that you had a great idea for an invention. In the comments, what’s your big idea? What do you think should be invented?
Right now I’m wishing someone had already invented a Top Ten list idea generator. Have a great Tuesday!~Phil
Well, duh, Phil, the teleportation device!
I actually recently read about the self-driving car…not a fan. I do not want a pet language translator. I imagine my dog would just beg for food and talk about squirrels constantly. I think I do a good job at reading the minds in this house, dog especially, so I don’t want the actual ability to read people’s minds. As is, I would like more silence, lol!
Your list is fantastic, though, from cancer to solar charge — and I’m tired of fighting arthritis, keys, locks, and doorknobs — so much so, I’m begging The Mister to install a keypad!
All fantastic and completely necessary inventions except for the mind-reading thingie. I don’t want anybody knowing what is actually swirling around in my head because usually I am doing something completely inappropriate to the conversation at hand….like trying to remember the Roman Emperors in order while the other person is talking about their kids. This would not go over well, I sense.
As to a necessary invention, something to apply body lotion to one’s own back. I keep telling my husband we would be millionaires if he would just come up with a device.
You know the Roman Emperors in order? How do I know that you’re not thinking of them when you’re reading my blog?
Don’t start writing too much about your kids and there should be no problem. LOL!
I don’t know if the self-driving car would help much once you get to Pittsburgh. Last time I was there we got lost trying to get across a bridge. Signage there sucks.
A diaper-changing machine would be awesome.
And a holodeck.
This list is great without a doubt
Though number one is a cop out
Your top ten really only lists nine
I thought this was your list not mine
But anyway, you really should really be
Presenting these things on TV
Have you considered Shark Tank?
Laugh all the way to the bank.
You’re right. I’ll admit without a fight that number 1 was a cop out. I’ll do better next time if you promise not to pout.
Okay I agree
But you know me
I totally wish I knew what my dog was thinking. …I’d also sell my soul for pill that would ensure me to never gain weight. That would be fantastic!
My invention has already been thought of. The pen applier nail polish as seen in the movie Total Recall (the original) 😀
Hey! You’re back? I’m going to your blog to see if you’ve written.
LOL…I’m not writing these days…but of course I’m still stalking my favorite bloggers 😉
Well thanks for stopping by. It’s nice to hear from you.
A time machine, please, so we could see how our grandparents, etc., lived. And so we could visit those Roman Emperors in order.