My post yesterday, The Poop-At-Home People, seemed to strike a chord with a lot of people and got a lot of views and shares. That got me to thinking; what are the most popular Phil Factor posts of all time? Here’s the list with links and a little commentary for each. If they sound interesting, give them a click and a read. Enjoy them with your coffee. All posts are gluten free.
- Twitter People vs Facebook People In November of 2013 this one caught fire on Reddit and was the #1 topic in the Humor category for over 24 hours. It got over 17,000 views it’s first day.
- Meet the Author: Christopher Moore If you don’t know Christopher Moore‘s books, you should. They’re hilarious satire of the vampire craze and several historical figures and events. He’s hugely popular and was nice enough to interview with me.
- Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire: The Interview with Magician James David A random guy I met on a plane had an interesting story to tell. Sometime in the near future you may see him and his new project on The Phil Factor.
- Top Ten Tuesday! Ten Reasons NOT to do The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Remember last summer when this was all the rage? Apparently a lot of people didn’t want to do it and did Google searches bringing them to my page.
- Zombie Love Boat This is what is known as a slow burner. It did well when I posted it, but nothing viral, Since last January it has gotten a steady stream of views. With that title how can you go wrong?
- Candy Crush Intervention An all time classic. One of my favorites. It was inspired by my wife’s addiction to the game.
- Interview with Lori Duron: Author of Raising My Rainbow How do you raise a child who seems intent on gender bending? Ask Lori Duron, she’s doing it.
- The Top Ten Most Painful Things That Have Ever Happened to Me When I wrote this post I figured it might be the least interesting thing ever because we all have our own subjective experiences that are rarely as interesting to others as they are to us. Apparently ALOT of people search Google for articles about pain.
- Sand by Hugh Howey This was just a little ad I did on my blog for a big-time, but nice guy author who interviewed with me in June of 2013. (I have no idea why this is underlined. I can’t make it stop)
- The Rolling Stones are Liars: My Class Reunion This nostalgic piece did well when I published it on the strength of shares by high school friends. Since then it has drawn a steady stream of views. People love nostalgia.
- The Antisocial Network: Let’s Fix Facebook, if Only For A Day My first post that got a little viral and actually spurred a lot of people to action for a day.
- Kim Kardashian’s Butt and Vacation Boobs Despite only being about 6 weeks old this post continues to get daily views. With that title, how could I go wrong?
- The Angry Biebers If you put the name Bieber in anything people will read it.
- If There’s A Problem, Yo I’ll Solve It…with Frozen Yogurt? The 11 Best Frozon Yogurt Shop Names The ongoing popularity of this post surprises me. People apparently love frozen yogurt and Vanilla Ice.
- I’m Freshly Pissed! My rant against on behalf of oppressed bloggers everywhere against WordPress and their seemingly arbitrary system of awarding the Freshly Pressed honor. ALOT of bloggers liked this.
I’ve also created a Best of… tab at the top of the page that I will update quarterly as the rankings change. This is just my best of from the last 22 months. If you want to read my best of from the 8 years before that try my book Fifty Shades of Phil which you can click on in the right sidebar. If you enjoy #ThePhilFactor please share it with your friends by hitting the Facebook, Twitter, or re-blog button below. Hope you’re having a great weekend! ~Phil
I loved your “Freshly Pissed” rant. Especially the badge you created for it. Heading off to read the “Rolling Stones” post now.
Well Phil this list you made
Of posts that made the grade
I read them all
But I’ll have a ball
Looking for the best comments I made.
Maybe I should have a Top Ten Tuesday post with your ten best post comments. You could probably write a book of poetry from those alone.
That’s what I’m saying!!
Oh these are fun, thanks for compiling!