I can see the future. Time and again my predictions have proven this. Right now I predict that National Paranormal Day is going to happen on May 3rd. Now is also the perfect time to start binge watching your favorite shows about the paranormal/supernatural. Ghosts, UFO’s, vampires, magical creatures, witches and psychics are always entertaining aren’t they? These are what I deem to be the ten best creepy, scary, weirdo television series in all of history.
10. What We Do In the Shadows (FX/Hulu): If you’re not familiar with this one, you’re missing out. It may not be super scary, but this follows the lives of a four neurotic and clumsy vampires living in New York. It’s The Office but with a group of vampires instead of paper salesman.
9. Supernatural (CW): Two brothers get together to pursue all sorts of paranormal/supernatural beings to avenge their family’s death or something. I watched some of it, but it was a little too “CW” for me as an adult.
8. True Blood (HBO) A telepathic waitress hooks up with a vampire. Even though this was on HBO, it’s a little too “CW” for me.
Now we get into the good stuff.
7. American Horror Story (FX): A creepy new story and cast each season. This show has produced some really creative and wonderfully scary stuff.
6. Reaper (Amazon Prime Video) This is a truly fun series with a perfect cast. A consummate slacker ends up contracted to the devil to capture evil souls that escaped from hell. Hijinks ensue.
5. Penny Dreadful (Showtime) Three seasons of awesomely creepy gothic horror. The first season set in London is just fantastic.
Stranger Things (Netflix) I loved Season 1 and Season 3. Season 2 just seemed a little oddly disconnected from the other two. Season 4 is almost upon us, so if you haven’t watched it, get to work before season 4 drops. If you love series set in another time, this is for you. They nail the 1980’s atmosphere perfectly.
Twin Peaks (ABC) I was obsessed with this show when it came out in 1990. Recently I watched a few episodes and the super creepiness has definitely held up over the years.
2. The X Files (Fox originally but now on Disney+?) Mulder and Scully. Some of the special effects or creature costumes now look a little hokey, but the long-term, ongoing storyline, the chemistry between the two characters and a lot really good weird creepiness make this a classic.
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (The WB) I never watched it, but this show was so popular and loved by so many that I gave it the number 1 spot. Should I watch it?
That’s my top ten. What do you agree or disagree with? What would you add and take away from the list?
Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil
copyright ThePhilFactor 2022
Great list. We’re now watching Wellington Paranormal, hoping it will be a lot like What We Do in the Shadows.
I’ll have to look that one up. I hadn’t heard of it before
I only watched Twin Peaks so I’ll take your word for the rest.
Twin Peaks along with X-Files are my two favorites on that list
I’m obsessed with supernatant. Stopped watching it long back, but still kinda obsessed. And yes, you should definitely watch Buffy (though I’ve only watched season 1), it got that late late 90s vibe that I like…
Don’t mind my typos*
I won’t mind your typos if you don’t mind mine!
Hehe I don’t