Yup, first time ever. The reason? Gary Jeffries, another blogger who shows kindness and support for just about every blogger he comes in contact with with. In twelve years I’ve never done one of these, but because Gary of Fiction is Food nominated me, I decided to join in the fun.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blogs.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your own post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
I’m going to break the rules by not nominating anyone. Instead, if you read this and want to do it, consider yourself nominated. Here are 7 random facts about me.
1. Using the six degrees of separation theory, I may be the only person on Earth connected to Florence Henderson (Carol Brady) and Fidel Castro with only one person between me and each of them. You can read about it HERE.
2. I started blogging by writing about fantasy football and fantasy baseball in January of 2005.
3. I believe that I have the second longest continuously running blog in world history. I started The Phil Factor in April 2005 with THIS POST making fun of American Idol. This blog, Not Quite Perfect, is I believe the longest running blog in world history. You know how WordPress says that 28% of the internet is on WordPress? 10% of that is the backlog of my blog posts.
4. I have an annoying habit of using too much BOLD in my blog posts.
3. I like writing my blog better than my books and my dream would be for a newspaper editor to discover my blog and syndicate my Saturday posts as a humor column in newspapers across the country.
2. I have never eaten a pickle.
1. To celebrate getting signed by Amber Cove Publishing for my recently released book, I had the clock with the bloody hand print from my book cover tattooed on me.
So which fact was more surprising? The Fidel Castro/Carol Brady thing? The never eaten a pickle, or the tattoo of part my book cover? In general I’m not a fan of the tagging people with blog awards. I’m sure at least 15 of you have read this, so if you have and you want to share the fun, go ahead. Have a great Wednesday! ~Phil