In honor of the new season of Dr. Who, which began last Saturday, I thought about time travel. Sure, Dr. Who flies about the universe saving entire civilizations, but what if someone petty and small like you and me decided to time travel? C’mon, you know that you’ve thought about what you would do. If not, here are some suggestions:
10. If I’m ordering a pizza that I want there in 30 minutes or less, I’d always get the less.
9. My 12th grade world history paper on Charles de Gaulle would have an actual first person interview. B+ my ass Mr. Hampton!
8. How about relationship do-overs? This is one we’ve all thought about. Avoid the bad ones, save the good ones you screwed up.
7. Gambling! Holy cow! Can you imagine how much money we could make if we just went back and gave our past selves future winners?
6. The stock market: This is proof that there really is no time travel yet. I’m sure Future Me would have told Past Me to invest in Apple about twenty years ago.
5. Ice Ice Baby: If a talentless hack like Vanilla Ice, aka Robbie Van Winkle, could make it big, imagine how great that song would be if I had done it.
4. On December 7th, 1980, although I was just a kid, I would have hopped a bus to New York City, stayed overnight and then stopped John Lennon in the lobby of his apartment building for an autograph, the world’s first selfie, and a chat lasting an inordinate amount of time.
3. Have you ever walked out of a bad movie and said, “That’s two hours of my life I’ll never get back.” Not anymore. You can wipe The Love Guru from your viewing resume and get those two hours back.
2. Who hasn’t gone to work, looked out the window and said to yourself, “On a day this beautiful I should be at the beach?”
1. Like sleeping in? Time travel is the ultimate snooze button. Wake up, go back two hours, lather, rinse, repeat.
In the comments, what are some of the things you would do if you could time travel? If you enjoy #ThePhilFactor please consider hitting the Facebook, Twitter, or re-blog buttons below. If you don’t, I’ll go back in time and make sure that you do. Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil