If you’ve read my blog for any amount of time, it should come as no surprise that I like puns. A good pun is a form of the highest art. I find it wonderfully punny when a business has the sense of humor to pun their name. Here are the ten best I could find. If you know of some funny ones in your local area please put them in the comments!
10. Amigone Funeral Home: At first it looks like a funeral home possibly owned by an Italian family, until you break the name down: Am I Gone? This is a chain of funeral homes in the Buffalo, NY area.
9. Fiddler Roofing: Brilliant and also in Buffalo.
8. Sure Lock Homes Locksmith: If this was in my town I’d always call them to install locks etc.
7. Lawn & Order Mowing Service: It’s too bad they’re in Nashville because I could really use these guys.
6. Jean Claude Van Man: Maybe the actor Jean Claude Van Dam has run into some hard times after his show biz career hit the skids.
5. Frying Nemo: A great lace to bring your kids after they see the movie.
4. Thai Tanic: when the food goes bad you get a sinking feeling in your stomach.
3. Brewed Awakening: My research uncovered at least 15 coffee shops with this name.
2. Florist Gump: I wonder if they deliver by running the flowers to your house.
1. Tequila Mockingbird: It’s literary and punny, so it gets to be no. 1 on my list.
So which was your favorite? Do you know any good punny businesses in your area?
Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil