11. On Thanksgiving every year thirteen people die while reading blogs. OK, I made that one up, but the rest might be true because I read them on the internet.
10. FDA regulations allow 10 insects and 35 fruit fly eggs per 8 oz of raisins. Yum! Natures candy!
9. When the sun goes out we will only have eight minutes and nineteen seconds before it gets very, very cold.
8. Your cell phone has more bacteria than your toilet.
7. The movie Toy Story is full of references to the movie The Shining. See that carpet in Sid’s room? Same one from the Overlook Hotel in The Shining.
6. Depending upon the brand of toilet paper you use, fecal matter can travel through up to ten layers.
5. If you can smell it, then there are microscopic particles of it in your nose. We breathe in about a liter of farts per day.
4. There is a real island to the South of Mexico City that is said to be one of the most haunted places in the world. The place is called, Isle de la Muñecas, or Island of the Dolls, and hanging in its trees are thousands of extremely scary dolls that are constantly watching.The story goes that the caretaker of the island began hanging the dolls up in trees after he found the body of girl in the water. As time went by, the caretaker began to complain that he heard voices whispering for him to come back to the place where he found the drowned girl. No one paid attention until the day he was found dead, drowned in the same place as she had, no witnesses except for the thousands of glass eyes nearby.
3. Over the course of our lifetime we inadvertently eat two pounds of dirt.
2. In the United States 2500 left handed people die every year due to using equipment designed for right handers.
1. The odds of you dying on your way to buy a lottery tickets are actual better than your odds of winning the lottery.
Which one disturbs you the most? Personally, I’m a little worried about the left handers. I’m not one, but it would be a shame to see their species become extinct. Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil
Nice one Phil. I’m sure I ate more than 2 lbs of dirt growing up! But my kitchen was always filled with mud pies and tree-branch pizzas. 🙂
I’m left-handed 🙂 We learn to adapt in a right-handed world. Even pens are made for right-handed people LOL. Hold it in your right hand, you can read the brand name. Hold it in your left? The brand name is upside down…things only a left-hander would notice! Coffee cups too with writing and the handle on the “right” side! And don’t even get me going about scissors 🙂
This made me laugh this morning. Great post. I think the left-handed one worries me most too!
Geez! If my cell phone has more than my toilet, scared to think what’s crawling around on my iPad. Great post. Off to find the Lysol wipes. Have a good day.
I knew I shouldn’t have read it and I read it anyway and that’s basically the story of my whole damn life. Also, I bet some of that dirt eating isn’t inadvertent.
Some of your dirt eating isn’t inadvertent?
All my dirt eating is intentional, yes, but I was speaking in the general sense.
The dolls are terrifying!! I’m not surprised about the dirty phones, though; I bring that sucker EVERYWHERE!
Yes, the phone thing didn’t surprise me either. I love the idea of visiting that island though.
#7! I knew I’ve seen that distinct pattern of carpet somewhere before! That’s the exact one in my doctor’s waiting room. Yikes! Gonna keep my eyes peeled now for other things similar–perhaps I’ve never noticed the sign on the scale he weighs me on proclaiming, “Redrum?” 😉
Loved this, Phil!
Yes, I found that carpet thing much creepier than any of the other facts
Oh, no. Not the Redrum.
9. Maybe we will get lucky and the sun will go Nova first vaporizing us in an instant rather than freezing us to death.
4. I watched a special on that island. That’s a hard no on my future travel destinations.
I would love to go to that island. I would find that incredibly fascinating
I am glad we are getting some protein with our raisins:) Never knew about the references in Toy Story. Interesting list!
You had me creeped out at the raisins.
I think that number 8’s the worst
Most likely I am to be cursed
By bacteria that on my phone lurks.
I have to admit that I wipe my phone down several times per week, and I had no idea about the fruit fly eggs. I did read that Hershey’s chocolate contains the most rodent hair (if hair is in there, I imagine other things get in there too). Ick.
Pingback: The Writer’s Tag! – Sophie's Corner
HA! I din’t realize it was a WHOLE liter of farts… No need to worry about eating that second plate of refried beans now. Two or three more farts won’t make a bit of difference 😉
In 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt moved Thanksgiving one week earlier than normal, believing that doing so would help bolster retail sales during one of the final years of the Great Depression. … Thanksgiving (after 1941) takes place on the fourth Thursday of November.
That’s really interesting. I didn’t know that.