Chances are that you don’t know many of the artists or songs on this list, but if you want to add something new to your iPod that will bring a smile to your face when it comes on unexpectedly, I strongly recommend these songs. I’ve excluded parody songs. I’ll provide the links to the Youtube videos so you can play them while you read blogs. (Warning: some songs may contain PG-13 language or themes)
10. 88 Lines about 44 Women by The Nails: This song is peppy, upbeat, and from the 80’s but stands the test of time. It’s still on my ipod. Video
9. Stacy’s Mom by Fountains of Wayne: This is “Mrs. Robinson” for a new generation.
8. King of Spain by Moxy Fruvous: A hilarious and underrated Canadian band from the 1990’s. Video
7. Chicks Dig It by Chris Cagle: Just so you don’t think I only listen to obsciure alternative music I threw in a country song: Video
6. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot: An ode to well…you know. Video
5. The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang: A ditty honoring sexual euphemisms. If you are easily offended, don’t listen. Video
4. Pretty Fly for a White Guy by The Offspring: The hilarious and true story of my life. Video
3. Girlfriend in a Coma by The Smiths: An amazingly peppy and upbeat song considering the topic. Video
2. Connecticut is for F—— by Jesus H. Christ and The Four Hornsmen of the Apocalypse: This always makes any list of my favorite songs of any kind. There was no official video. The one I’ve linked to looks home made. Video
1. Pantera Fans in Love by Nerf Herder: Truth be told, this band could have placed several songs on the list. This isn’t the funniest oone, but the other was so inappropriate that I chose not to sully #ThePhilFactor with it. Video
As always, it’s tough limiting these lists to ten. What are some of your favorite funny songs?
Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil