If we only have so much time on Earth, why spend a third of it unconscious? Sleep is such a waste of time and not productive at all. Some of the most famous people in history have not been sleepers. I saw an article that called the people who don’t sleep much, “the sleepless elite.” Damn, that’s sounds like a cool club to be in! They don’t give up sleep entirely. They get a little, but not the out cold for 7-8 hours that “doctors” recommend. Here’s why I’m joining the legions of intelligent, uber-productive people who don’t sleep much. C’mon, are you with me?
10. I’m just not very good at it. If we’re terrible at anything else in life, we don’t stick with it. We move on to something we can succeed at and feel good about.
9. An awesome tan: If I was awake almost all the time I could travel and always keep ahead of the sunset and spend literally 24 hours a day in the sun. That’s of course only possible if one of you gifts me a private jet. You know where to find my e-mail, get at me!
8. My cat is pretty sure he needs to eat at 4:30 a.m. Who am I to resist nature?
7. Sir Isaac Newton, who invented gravity only slept about two hours a night. If I only slept two hours a night I’d have time to invent those flying cars we were all promised would be standard by now. Thanks for letting us down Marty McFly.
6. Get way more than 10,000 steps a day on my FitBit and be in incredible shape.
5. Sylvia Plath, Emily Bronte, and Michael Chabon: All these famous writers barely slept. You know what they did with all those waking hours? They wrote books that made them rich and famous. Imagine what I could do with all the extra time?
4. Ride a unicycle: Ive always wanted to learn. With more time, I’d have that checked off my list in no time.
3. I’m going to open a Sleepless Club: It will start in the evening as a night club and morph into a diner after 4 a.m. All the sleepless people will have a place to hang out.
2. Martha Stewart and Donald Trump: They’re sleepless people. I imagine we’d spend a lot of time hanging out. Give up sleep, it’s a good thing.
1. Best blog ever! Right now I only write about 5 blog posts per week. How great would it be to have 10 blog posts from me a week?
Do you have trouble sleeping? What do you do with the extra hours? If you’re not one of the sleepless yet, what would you do if you were?
Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil