Thanks to the Netflix/Hulu era, everyone in every country can watch the popular TV shows from anywhere, so regardless of your home country, I hope you’ll know some of these. Although this is going to be a very United States centric list, I’d love to hear suggestions and maybe links in the comments to anything from anywhere else. This was the toughest Top Ten list that I’ve ever put together.
10. Scooby Doo: Yes, the cartoon theme song. I requested that this be played for my first dance at my wedding but my bride Velma objected.
9. The Golden Girls: I can’t vouch for this because I never watched the show, but in a lot of other online lists this was included. I didn’t even listen to it when I added it to this list.
8. The Love Boat: Love, exciting and new. Climb aboard, we’re expecting you! When I was a kid I had very little realization that the entire show was about people trying to have sex on a cruise.
7. The Big Bang Theory: A masterpiece by the quick singing lyrical geniuses of The Barenaked Ladies.
6. Family Guy: How could you not sing along to this?
5. Mission Impossible: No lyrics, but iconic nonetheless. Who doesn’t feel some sort of pressure to get something done quickly when you hear this?
4. The Brady Bunch: “All of them had hair of gold, like their mother.” Who doesn’t know that line?
3. Friends: I hate to be the hipster guy who says “I knew this band before anyone heard of them”, but yeah, I had their album before the Friend’s theme song on cassette tape, so suck it losers.
2. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: This is still Will Smith’s best work to date.
1. Cheers: Who doesn’t want a bar that feels like home where everyone knows your name?
That’s it. I feel like I needed to make this a Top 20 list to include all the worthy possibilities. What would you add to the list? What would you take off of it? My blogging friend Haylee recently did a great post about TV theme songs as well. You can check it out HERE
Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil