Yes, “blogiversary” is a word. It’s a word because I’m celebrating the birth of The Phil Factor on April 5th, 2005. And because I’m the only blogger here who has been around for 13 years I’m going to take credit for inventing the word Blogiversary. Also, you know how WordPress says 30% of the Internet is powered by WordPress? I think 9% of that is my 1800 posts.
Since my blog is a teenager, I guess I’ll have to have the sex talk with it soon. Here are 10 ways the world was different when I started my blog:
10. The U.S. President was George W. Bush
9. The Pope was John Paul II
8. The iPhone didn’t exist yet
7. Youtube was invented in 2005. Between the two, I think my blog has been a bigger success, don’t you?
6. The world hadn’t heard of Taylor Swift yet. In 2005 I was the more popular Taylor!
5. About 5 months after my blog premiered, the TV show How I Met Your Mother premiered and Barney said, “This is so going into my blog!” I was so proud at that moment.
4. In 2005 I was in another career, hadn’t published a book, and had no gray hair yet. In 2013 I published 50 Shades of Phil: It’s Not Mommy Porn, It’s Daddy Scorn, the top 50 posts from the first eight years of The Phil Factor.
3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie came out.
2. In 2005 you couldn’t tweet yet because Twitter didn’t exist.
1. In 2005 Facebook existed, but who here was on it?
Since 2005 I’ve never won a Annual Bloggers Bash Award and voting begins tomorrow, for my blogiversary, would you keep me in mind when voting in the Funniest Blog category?
And, last but not least, in 2005 I hadn’t met any of you. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog over the last 13 years. Since blogging is all about the interaction between bloggers, if you’ve read this far and want a free Kindle copy of any of my books, just let me know in the comments!
Have a great Thursday! ~Phil