These are in no particular order. In my mind they are all tied for #1. This is just the order they came out of my brain. Keep in mind that these are just my favorites and when you limit a list to ten you have to exclude some very good choices.
10. The Wizard of Oz: As a young boy I thought Dorothy was kind of hot.
9. It’s a Wonderful Life: What if Clarence the angel showed George how everyone elses life would have been better if George hadn’t been born. It’s impressive how Jimmy Stewart aged from 10 years old to 40 and he played himself at every age.
8. Star Wars: Only the original will do. Sequels? we don’t need no stinkin’ sequels!
7. Nothing in Common: An early Tom Hanks classic. Last movie that Jackie Gleason ever made. A great romantic comedy that nobody but me remembers.
6. Summer School: This is one of those shut off your brain and enjoy mindless comedies. Starring Mark Harmon, Kirstie Allie and Courtney Thorne-Smith.
5. The Hangover: This one should stand the test of time as one of the best comedies ever.
4. Toy Story: This gets the nod here over Toy Story 3 because it was the original. Toy Story 3 has more humor for adults.
3. Field of Dreams: If you build it they will come. There was a voice in my cornfield too. That’s why I started this blog
2. Bull Durham: Funny movie even if you’re not a baseball fan.
1. The Princess Bride: I think this movie spawned more funny quotes that we remember than any other.
In the comments how about if you chip in with your favorite movies and movie quotes.
Happy Tuesday! ~Phil