Yes, The Beatles made my list. Read on to find out which song.These are the songs that make my brain want to seize and I hit the change station button on the first note. I apologize that many of these are over twenty years old. That’s the last time I listened to pop music because most of it is terrible.
10. Rick Astley- Never Gonna Give You Up: A song so bad that it became a joke to send your friends a link, tell them it’s something else and have them open it up to discover this piece of crap.
9. We are the World: A bunch of formerly good artists: Yes, I know it was done to raise money to feed the hungry or something, but I don’t care how hungry I am, this song will make me vomit.
8. The Beatles:Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da: I don’t care that it’s The Beatles. This song is stupid. Nonsense lyrics are always bad. Just ask The Police.
7. Diesel: Sausalito Summer Nights: This might be the worst ever. If you don’t remember it, click on the video below and listen to about 30 seconds. This song should be used as torture for prisoners of war. I doubt that the United Nations would allow that.
6. Just a Friend: Biz Markie: This is the Sausalito Summer Nights for a new generation. A shout out to my friend Jim Bernheimer who gave me the idea for this when a character in his book played this on a loop to torture someone they were holding captive.
5. Come on Eileen: Dexy’s Midnight Runners: I’m pretty sure the band was saying “Come on Eileen, don’t leave. Our music isn’t that bad.” Yes guys, it is.
4. Smoke on the Water: Deep Purple: Ugh. This three chord monstrosity has stood the test of time. I think it’s the first song every 10 year old learns at their first guitar lesson. You can’t go into a guitar store without hearing somebody playing it.
3. Stars are Blind: Paris Hilton: Do I really need to make any commentary for this?
2. What Does The Fox Say: Ylvis: It may have been hilariously funny but it is a terrible piece of music. What the hell though. Those Norwegians need something to smile about.
1. Stone Temple Pilots: Plush: Where ya’ going with that mask I found? And I feel, and I feel. When the dogs begin to smell her, will she smell alone? WORST SONG LYRIC IN THE HISTORY OF PLANET EARTH.
If you have ideas or suggestions of songs that you find equally reprehensible please add them in the comments. Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil
Never Gonna Give You Up will always be one of my “happy nostalgia” songs and a party isn’t a party until Come On Eileen has been played 🙂
I didn’t say I didn’t enjoy the songs, just that they were bad
Hmm… I kinda like a few of those. To each their own!!
I didn’t say that I didn’t like some of them, just that they are bad songs.
As in the music and lyrics?
Yes. There’s a lot of bad music that has a catchy beat. Just because they’re bad doesn’t mean they’re not fun!
Hmm. But what does the Fox say? Lol. Totally agree!
There’s always been a lot of simplistic, bad music that has become tremendously popular.
And, good morning. I hope you are well!
Thank you 🙂
Just my usual dating / men / sex / life shenanigans. All good!
And I love almost all forms of music from the very complicated to the simple and silly. I completely agree with you!
The Birthday song is by far the worst Beatles song
I like it!
I would like to submit for consideration “apple pen, pineapple pen” for spot number 11
That’s a song? I’ll have to look that up!
I warn you not too lol just be happy you can live in peace without it in your head
Once I hear it, whose to say that it won’t stick there? BTW , congrats on your Funniest Blog nomination! Good luck!
Lol I hope for your sake it will be easy to forget 😄😄 and I was nomiated for an award?
I think I saw that you were on another blog. I can’t remember which one right now.
Oh how lovely!! I wasn’t notified (or at least not yet) but that is super awesome
If I can find it again I’ll let you know where it is
Now I want to listen to D-List Supervillain again.
Pssst! Don’t tell anybody because it’s not official yet, but guess whose next book is going to be published by Jim Bernheimer’s publishing company?
I love Come On Eileen. 😐
I didn’t say that I didn’t like it. I just said that it was a bad song. There’s a difference. There’s lots of bad songs that are tremendously catchy and popular
Whatever. In other news, I’ve had Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da stuck in my head since I read your post. You will pay for this.
Ha Ha Ha! It’s pretty terrible isn’t it?
Ob-bla-di, ob-bli-da 🎼 life goes on 🎼🎹
In my best Liam Neeson voice, I will find you and I will kill you.
I am so out of it I have only heard the Beatles song and you are so right.
You didn’t know Sausalito summer nights? That was popular in the late 70s I think I was a kid and I thought it was the coolest song ever. Now that I listen to it, I think it’s one of the worst song ever made.
In the seventies I was a tight assed manager. I hardly even listened to the radio.
Do you know there is a term for playing Never Gonna Give You Up?
It’s called being Rick rolled
Don’t ask me. my kids told me that
Else I’d never be in the know.
I like half of those and I LOVE STP and of course the lyrics are awesome! But you know, OH LA LA How the life goes on! 🙂
A great list, Phil. I would include Scatman’s World by Scatman John
Bad songs to you are still good songs to me. But the Korean song Gangum Style was bad. Wango Z Tango by Ted Nugent is awful. And almost everything sung by Lorne Green.