10. She’s never secretly texting in the bathroom.
9. She buys lots of new flannel lingerie
8. Suddenly begins going to nighttime barn raisings with “the girls.”
7. Comes home with straw in her hair.
6. She suddenly has this new “butter churn” move in the bedroom.
5. Buys a loom
4. Seems oddly aroused when she sees horses on television.
3. She receives an actual handwritten letter in the mail which you are unable to read because it’s in cursive.
2. Announces that she’s going to the Amish pub to participate in a wet bonnet contest.
1. Gets a tattoo of an Amish hat with the caption “Once you go black you never go back”
You would not believe some of the creepy terms I had to put into Google to find the pictures and get ideas for this. As always, if you enjoyed #ThePhilFactor please share by hitting the Facebook, Twitter or re-blog button below. Also, if you haven’t voted for the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards, I’d be grateful if you’d go HERE and vote for me as Funniest Blogger. Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil
I am a little curious to know HOW you got the idea for this….
I’m often in areas in upstate NY where there’s a fair amount of Amish, so I’m always thinking what their lives are like, how they differ from ours and what happens when the two cultures run into each other.
We had a large Amish community in MidMichigan as well. I LOVED it when they came around with fresh strawberries, sold them door to door from their wagon. Never really considered dating them though…..
so good –
Thank you! I’m glad you liked it
You’ve made the DMV an enjoyable experience. That’s saying something.
Oh man… I wonder where your mind wanders …
I wish I had a wittier comment. This is hilarious! 😂😂😂
I live in Upstate, NY. Yes, lots of Amish. I see a horse and buggy go by my house all the time. They stop at the lumber yard across the street.
Yes, when I mention to people that there is a fair amount Amish throughout upstate New York they’re always surprised
Funny one, Phil. I think I would add “If you get a pair of overhalls for your birthday.” and maybe, “If she asks you to wear a pair of boots to bed.”
I do receive letters written in cursive from time to time…
Flannel knickers? hmmmm…I must have a chat with me ma. She’s veeerrrry fond of flannel knickers
Admit it—you weren’t complaining about that butter churn move until the letters started arriving 😛
LOL, Yes, that’s when I got suspicious
Pingback: The Top Ten Phil Factor Posts of 2018! | The Phil Factor