I don’t think being a certain age means that you’re a “boomer”. My impression is that boomers are the Karens of people over 50. (Although, I think every Karen no matter what age is a Boomer) Being a boomer isn’t a specific age though, it’s more a state of mind. There are still cool people over 50, and there are 40 year olds that act like Boomers. Here are the top ten ways to know if you are a Boomer:
10. If you’re not worried that you might be a boomer, you’re either getting your student loans forgiven, or you’re already too far gone. Boomers are blissfully unaware that their Brady Bunch quotes might not be relevant to their grandkids. C’mon, who remembers “pork chops and applesauce”? Am I right?
9. If you just googled “Boomers age range“, you might be a Boomer. (And happily, I’m still in the Gen X range.)
8. If someone calls you Karen, and you try to correct them with your real name, you might be a Boomer.
7. If you still buy batteries for your Jitterbug flip phone, you might be a Boomer.
6. If you watch 60 Minutes on both the clock and the tv, you are definitely a Boomer.
5. If you’re wearing Skechers right now: If it’s too much work to bend over and tie your shoes, you might be a Boomer.
4. If you use a three foot long shoe horn to put your Skechers on, you might be a boomer. To be honest, if you use any kind of shoe horn, you are totally a Boomer.
3. If you still have the same blog that you started in 2005 instead of a TikTok, you might be a Boomer. (present company excluded of course)
2. If you’ve never had tendonitis from playing video games, you might be a Boomer.
1. If you ever start any sentence with the words “In my day…” you are definitely a boomer. Also, if you are insulted by any of these, you are….
Hopefully whether you’re a boomer or not, you found some humor in this. If you didn’t, then you might be a Karen/Boomer! If you’ve got other Boomer jokes feel free to add them in the comments.
Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil