In an effort to offset my Grinchiness from last weeks ‘Top Ten Reasons To Hate The Holidays” I present you with the opposite.10. Ridiculous Holiday Light Displays: That’s not my house but I wish it was. I love people that take the decorating and lights waaaay too far. I wish we could do it all year long. If there’s a neighborhood that decorates all year long, let me know. I’ll move there.
9. Getting presents: Well duh! Free stuff that we didn’t know we needed or wanted? Yes please! Notice that the presents are only 9th on my list? That’s because I’m not superficial and materialistic.
8. Nutcrackers: I buy my nuts pre-cracked but I love these guys anyway for no good reason. As much as I love them I’d also love Stephen King, or maybe me, to write a Christmas horror story where nutcrackers come to life and terrorize people like Chuckie. Imagine how creepy they’s be if you added sharp teeth! (Yes, that herd of nutcrackers is at my house staring at me right now)
7. Holiday Movies: Scroll back to Tuesday Dec. 8th for my list of the ten best holiday movies.
6. Time off from work: Let’s be honest, how many of us love our job so much that we’d do it even if we didn’t get paid? Bueller? Bueller? Yeah, I didn’t think so. I’m taking the week off between Christmas and New Years. Don’t worry, I’ll still keep blogging because I’d do that even if they didn’t pay me.
5. Holiday Specials: Scroll back to Dec 1st for my top ten holiday specials. The Grinch is a total badass but he’s not number 1 on that list.
4. Awkward Family Holiday Photos: I don’t care if they’re real or fake, they’re funny. I hope someday to create my own that becomes a meme on the internet.
3. Sometimes jerks try a little harder not to be: Including me. I don’t think I’m a jerk, but it’s nice that me and most other people try a little harder to be cordial, except at the mall.
2. My holiday tie collection: Yes, this is one you should love too. This year I own enough holiday themed ties that I can wear a different one every work day from Thanksgiving until Christmas. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you’ve probably seen them.
Number 1 is left blank for you. What is it that you love about the holidays above all else? Put in the comments what you love most about Hanukkah or Christmas. Have a great Tuesday!~Phil
#1. Christmas cards. I still love to get them, especially when I can see what my friends children are up to and how much they’ve grown, in photos. I send them as well and I love opening the PO box each day in December and think “how many will it be today!”.
I agree Kim. Christmas cards are kind of a throwback. Literally this morning on the news they said half as many Christmas cards are sent now vs. ten years ago
A sparkly, colorful Christmas tree.
For Christmas gifts I go ballistic
Cause I’m shallow and materialistic.
Spending time with family
Number one? Of course it’s the “Top ten reasons to love the holidays” found on The Phil Factor!!!
I also love being surrounded by my family, laughing and remembering what the day (and life) are really about.
Awww, thanks Dorinda! Happy Holidays to you and your family!
And to you and your family, also!! 🙂
1. Christmas carols. Especially singing them with others. I get so into it that I’m sure my face looks totally idiotic.
Christmas carols is a good one. I remember as kids going door to door in our neighborhood in hopes of getting candy canes. It’s too bad kids don’t do that anymore.
You wait for the holidays to have alcohol?
Well, it’s a good excuse for drinking before 12 anyway lol