I like to mark important dates in my life, and this is one of my favorites every year. Yes, “blogiversary” is a word. It’s a word because I’m celebrating the birth of The Phil Factor on April 3rd, 2005. And because I’m the only blogger here who has been around for 14 years I’m going to take credit for inventing the word Blogiversary. Truth be told, I think I might be only the third oldest blog in world history behind this wonderfully nice woman from New Zealand and some guy who’s been blogging about video games since they were on floppy discs. Sheesh! He needs to get a life, am I right?
In my fourteen years I’ve met many wonderful friends through blogging. As a group I think bloggers are the nicest people I’ve never met.
To celebrate my 14th blogiversary I’ll give you the fourteen most popular posts in Phil Factor history. Enjoy!
14. 2016 Predictions from a Legit Psychic: People seem to like predictions. I think this did well because I included a Bieber and a Kardashian.
13. Me and Billie Joe Armstrong: One of my favorites and a favorite by music lovers, and yet still no interview with Green Day.
12. Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Funny Tweets I do love my Twitter.
11. Liar, Liar Pants on Fire: The Interview with Magician James David: A unique chance meeting led to this post with a unique guy, and he is now The Official Magician of The Phil Factor.
10. People Are Stupid So Why Should It Be: It’s possible that people are so stupid that they thought this had something to do with REM. It doesn’t but I did have some good ranting about stupid people all around us..
9. About Me. Apparently some of my readers are curious about me as a person. It’s absolutely riveting reading.
8. The Ten Most Painful Things That Have Ever Happened To Me: I was very surprised at how many people are interested in pain.
7. Ten Idiotic Things Celebrities Have Bought: A fool and their money are soon parted
6. The Top Ten Psychic Pick Up Lines: It turns out that psychics need a lot of help making a love connection
5. The Rolling Stones Are Liars: My Class Reunion: The class reunion. An American institution. Not surprisingly, this was a nostalgic look back. Admittedly, I do nostalgia well. I should probably give up the jokes.
4. Meet The Author: Christopher Moore (yes that Christopher Moore) One of my nicest interview subjects ever and when he shared the interview to his social media it did very well.
3. Three Things… The fact that this did so well is an ode to search engine optimization. It’s just some idiotic jokes about a few popular celebrities.
2. Real Sexting Conversations To Read In Hindi: It turns out that the horny Hindi speaking folks want help with sexting and I accidentally stumbled into that.
1. Twitter People vs. Facebook People: This 2013 post was the top trending humor topic on Reddit for over 24 hours and I got over 17,000 views that day. I thought the WordPress stats software was broken.
Those 14 posts are a nice slice of the last five years, when I migrated my Blogger blog to WordPress. Feel free to scroll all the way back to April of 2005 if you want over a decade of my inane thoughts. Thank you for reading, commenting and sharing my idiocy all these years. Have a great Tuesday! ~Phil